DIY Bath Bombs
Bath bombs are the rage and for good reason. Your skin is considered your largest organ and absorbs a large amount of what touches it. To boot, there are enndocannabinoid receptors in your skin! Essential oils and epsom salts (a way to supplement one type of magnesium) make a great combo for relaxation, stress relief, better sleep, improved immune function...which indirectly and directly affects almost every aspect of your health from digestion, skin health to hormone function and mood!
For my faithful DIYers, with quality essential oils and a few household items, you can make bath bombs cost effectively for yourself and everyone on your list! (If you don't have time, I know a great place that you can order some!)
DIY Bath Bombs
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup epsom salts or mineral rich sea salt (or 1/4 cup of each!)
3/4 cup arrowroot powder
1 1/2 T almond oil or liquid room temperature coconut oil
2 tsp water
20-25 drops of essential oils of choice (opt)
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until it is well combined.
2. In a small bowl combine the water, coconut or almond oil and essential oils (if you are using them).
3. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients a couple drops at a time. Incorporate them into the powder quickly using your hands. The mixture should be able to hold together without being crumbly by the time you are finished. If not, add additional water, a few drops at a time.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the molds of your choice. Silicone molds from a craft store make a fantastic options. Muffin tins will also work just fine.
5. Let them sit for 24-48 hours or until hard. Pop them out. Store in a container with a tight lid. I prefer glass if I am using essential oils. You may need to burp it every now and then. Use within two weeks.
To use a bath bomb, simply add it to your bath!! Sit back and relax for 15-20 minutes!
*Favorite essential oils include Peace & Tranquility, Lavender, Frankincense, Myrrh, Infla Ease, Lung Restore, Respiratory Rescue, Muscle Ease, Let Go...Let God, Acceptance, and Forgiveness (Life Pulse)